If you walk along the oceans shore, you will find hidden amidst the sand, rocks, pebbles and shells that litter the shoreline, small bits of glass which have been polished smooth and rounded over man years by the action of the wind, the sand and the sea. These bits of glass are called beach glass or sea glass or mermaids tears.
The process of transforming broken glass from sharp angular shards into beautiful frosted jewels can take a lifetime.
I've been collecting sea glass since I was a little girl. It wasn't until years later, I began thinking of the correlation between that glass and myself. I used to feel like an unwanted broken bottle, discarded into the waters, never to be seen again. I felt fragile, jagged, and useless. God took broken me, and transformed me, through His Son Jesus Christ, into something precious and valuable.
His desire is that we all come to Christ, via the cross, and surrender ourselves to Him.
Yes, sea glass is pretty, but it's even more beautiful when immersed in water and held up to the light.
We are all jewels in His sight. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment